Thursday, May 3, 2007

The man is trying to keep us down ...

Some of you may have read the news article on the new Army regulations regarding blogs and wondered, “Is this the end of The Landlocked Sailor?” Well I’m here to tell you that I will continue on my quest to bring you random oddities of life in Iraq. Nothing they can do can prevent the voice of the people in their quest for … hold on, I have to answer the door … as I was saying, this will be the last edition of The Landlocked Sailor, I don’t want to go to jail in Kansas.

Just kidding. So long as I’m posting random goofiness about my time in Iraq, the man has no problems with it. Now if I start posting the secret launch codes, we have issues (especially because I don’t have any secret launch codes or any real desire to post them if I did). There are kids out there, however, who don’t know what is ok to post and what isn’t. Hopefully, the article will scare them enough to get someone in their chain-of-command to ‘vet’ their blogs and give them some tips.

I’m going to cut it short today, as tomorrows blog will probably be extensive – in honor of a certain little girl’s sixth birthday (she reads the blog, too). A taste: Six years ago today, at this very moment, I was sitting in a delivery room at Naval Hospital, Oak Harbor wondering if my wife would EVER pickle this child. Until tomorrow.

-Grease out.

No comments:

First stop home, next stop ...