Monday, April 16, 2007

Addendum ...

Normally one post a day is all I’m good for, but I had to update my loyal readers (hi Mom) on my never-ending struggle with my water-heater. The day before I left on the last leg of the grand journey, I received a phonecall on my cellphone (actually Tim received it on his cellphone, because I wrote the wrong number down on the trouble call sheet – thankfully, I was standing next to Tim at the time). I had been by KBR earlier in the day to lodge yet another complaint about the lack of consistent hot water. I talked to a NEW KBR lady (she might have been here for years, but this is the first time I’ve seen here, so she’s new, OK?) and explained my dilemma. She was shocked that the problem hadn’t been fixed, and promised to call the plumbing supervisor right away. This leads to the phone call. The plumbing sup told me he had personally looked at my heater and couldn’t figure out what was wrong. He did, however, offer a solution – he told me that he had just received a shipment of BRAND NEW 80 gallon water heaters (mine was a 40 gallon – should have been more than enough for one person), and that he would have one installed while I was gone. At this I was ecstatic, I would have so much hot water, I could put a hot tub in the rec-room (kidding). I left on my trip and forgot about the issue until I arrived home last night. I could tell by the dirt on my freshly mopped floor that the workers had done their magic. There in my hooch, was a beautiful large new water heater. I turned on the shower for a minute and, much to my amazement, hot water. I quickly turned it off as it was bedtime, and turned on the faucet to wash my face … hmmm, that’s funny … no water. I chock this one up to the, ”you can’t win ‘em all” school of thought (or perhaps it’s the, “you can’t win at all”). I decided to deal with it in the morning. When I awoke, I jumped in my shower for some hot refreshment … hmmm, that’s funny, it’s not staying hot – just like the old one. When I explained to the KBR folks that I had traded a 40 gallon non-working water heater for an 80 gallon non-working water heater AND no water in the faucet, they found it quite amusing. To their credit, two gentlemen just left my hooch after fixing the faucet, and one of them thinks he knows what the water problem is (he said something about a faulty check valve outside the trailer). As I said in the beginning, “Que, sera, sera.” By the time they get this fixed, it’ll be so hot here that hot water won’t be the problem. Until tomorrow.

-Grease out

No comments:

First stop home, next stop ...